Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Springing Forward



Look around: the earth is stirring, waking up from a deep slumber. Roses are peeking out of their buds, leaves are squirming out of their stems, and birds are testing their wings against the cool breeze. Spring has sprung and brought with it transformation. 

I’m taking a cue from Mother Nature, burrowing out from my own winter slumber and channeling this newfound energy into revitalizing my closet. After cleaning out and then re-evaluating my wardrobe, I set out to incorporate the charm of spring into my tried and true outfits. I wanted to bring to life old pieces, refreshing and renewing with the season in mind.

Here’s my creation: a flowing pink and grey blouse, a crisp white blazer, and pastel pink jeans. This is a welcomed change from the subdued colors of winter that took root in my surroundings and in my closet. I’ve shaken off the grey days and stepped into a light and cool spring outfit!

What’s your favorite outfit to wear for the new season?

Fashion Tip: White blazers are a great spring trend that will rejuvenate any old ensemble. Pair them with pastels for a soft and romantic spring look. 






What I'm Rockin':
Blouse: Forever 21
Blazer: Mango
Pastel pink jeans: American Eagle
Shoes: Charlotte Russe
Clutch: Marshalls
Ring: Beauty Tease

13 comments:

  1. Love this look! The pastel pink pants are so pretty and look great with the white blazer. Perfect pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! That blazer is great with that blouse and I love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful color! Great look.
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous color combo!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Sorry you can't find the color, have you checked online?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to wear bold and pastel colors. Love those pink jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great spring outfit! I love florals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous outfit! Beautiful top!


    http://thelittlepetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i so agree!! white blazers are so great for spring... i would like to try a white on white outfit soon...
    - aimee
    swellmayde

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so versatile! I've worn mine a ton of times already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pastel jeans are my new favorite Spring piece! I'm going to wear them out before Spring is over!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't thought about checking online. I'm going to now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your look!
    I have the same pair of shoes :)
    are amazing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete