Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: Sweet Fashion



I realized that I really enjoy putting outfits together with my thrift store finds so I decided I will make a habit of it. This is the first official Thrifty Thursday post. Enjoy!

For some weird reason, the only word I can find to properly describe this outfit is delicious. Weird, I know. I think it’s because of the rich colors. I imagine an ice cream bowl with juicy plum slices, strawberry jelly, and butter cream ice cream. Although, I’ve never actually had that mix I bet it could potentially taste delicious. Anyways, I digress. I love the colors in this outfit and how feminine it feels with the scalloped skirt. The belt is a great find from Goodwill that was only $0.50 and brand new! I paired it with a printed purse to add a little more texture to the outfit. What’s your favorite thrifty find? 




What I'm Rockin':
Blouse: A'gaci
Skirt: Forever 21
Belt: Goodwill for $0.50
Nude heels: Target
Clutch: Marshalls
Watch: Burberry via Nordstrom
Beaded necklace: vintage
Earrings: Forever 21

22 comments:

  1. gorgeous skirt!
    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of that blouse, so pretty!
    xo Cara
    http://www.afashionloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the scallop detailing on the skirt!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that skirt! Very cute :)


    -B
    With Love From Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love belt color.
    Have a nice weekend

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really digging the bell very nice!
    http://ellagata.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post! love the colours

    www.northernstyle.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I thought it was crazy that it was only $.50! One of my favorite thrift finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! You have a nice weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks and the material is really silky soft which is a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  11. .5 for that belt?? NICE find it looks beautiful as a contrast between the purple top and the silver skirt! I love it Iris! We've been tweeting but I cannot believe I have not yet visited your blog. So sorry about that, I am following and look forward to read your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks and thanks for the follow!! You probably haven't noticed it because I'm a newbie blogger :-) Still learning the ropes but having a good time doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your outfit! Great color combo - love how you are wearing the neutral clutch with the outfit. The skirt is really pretty. Great blog!

    Jas
    http://adamalexmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The scalloped details are so in right now - you've done a great job toning down the trendy feel with the more classic blouse. Nothing like elegant balance!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look amazing- LOVE this outfit, the skirt is so gorgeous, love the curvy hems
    Come follow my blog darling! xx
    http://cecylia.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pics!!!i'm following you!!!if you like mine, do the same!!
    WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  17. great styling, love the skirt!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pieces! Those target heels are so popular, I see girls wearing them all the time and I can't wear them b/c my feet are too narrow :( Boo!! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete