Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thrifty Thursday: The War for the Crossbody Bag


I don’t know about you guys but Thrifty Thursdays are my favorite posts. I get way more excited from finding a diamond in the ruff than grabbing clothing from an already styled mannequin. Don’t get me wrong, there is also a special joy that comes with getting a spankin’ new piece but right now I’m talking about a different type of joy.

This joy emerges from feeling like a fashion warrior at the end of a long hard battle. The battle of old clutches, scratched purses, broken accessories, and other warrior fashionistas. It’s a bloody battle that many have fought and lost in the end. But not me, not this time. Amidst the cloud of disturbed old dust and smells of moth balls, I fight my way to the bottom of the pile and alas, I find the prized item,I grab it and yell, “VICTORY!!” in the middle of the store. Well, maybe not that dramatic in real life since I don’t want to get kicked out of the store. But at least in my imagination that’s how it all goes down and that’s the kind of joy I get with my thrifty finds.

In the end, my new-ish crossbody bag turned out to be simple but chic and goes with almost everything in my closet. Oh, and did I mention it only costs me $3? What thrifty item are you willing to battle for?



 


 



What I’m Rockin’:
Crossbody bag: Thrifted - $3
Shirt: Old Navy clearance rack - $7
Jeans: American Eagle
Flats: H&M (hand-me-down from my sister)
“Besos” necklace: Sofia Vergara at Kmart

2 comments:

  1. What a victory! I love cross-body bags. I always rock one on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just $3!! that's amazing, is really beautiful. Great pictures by the way!!
    kisses
    Pau

    ReplyDelete